Advanced Teacher Training - Continuing Professional Development 2018/2019
The Yoga Centre Winnipeg Advanced Teacher Training Workshop Series is open to those who have completed our basic certification training, as well as those students practicing at an intermediate-advanced level looking to deepen their knowledge of the yoga path.
The course consists of 6 Saturday afternoon sessions and one weekend workshop.
Saturday Afternoon Sessions
Each Saturday workshop will be a combination of theory and practical work.
1:00 – 4:30pm
- September 22 - Making Backbends Accessible for All | Candace Propp
- October 27 - Strength, Flexibility and Stamina | Jan Debenham
- November 24 - Making Forward Bends Accessible for All | Jan Debenham
- February 9 - Making Twists Accessible for All | Candace Propp
- March 16 - Observing Bodies | Jan Debenham
- April 13 - Making Inversions Accessible for All | Candace Propp
This workshop incorporates asana, meditation, and silent practice. Taught by Jan Debenham
January 25, 26, 27, 2019
Friday 7:00-9:00 pm Saturday 1:00-4:30 pm Sunday 1:00-4:30 pm
Registration and Fees
Students may register for the full program or individual workshops.
Full program: 30 hours $475.00 plus GST
- A $100.00 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your space.
- Payment must be in full or payment plans in place prior to the start of the first workshop.
- Missed workshops and discontinuation of course will not be refunded.
Saturday Sessions 3.5 hours: $60.00 plus GST
Weekend Workshop 9 hours: $200.00 plus GST
Students with 200hr basic certification may use completed hours as credit towards advanced training and professional development hours.
Please keep track of the course hours completed, the dates and the course names.
Co-owner of the Yoga Centre Winnipeg, has studied Iyengar yoga with a variety of teachers including Donald Moyer and Father Joe Pereira. In addition, Jan is a certified Vinyasa teacher, receiving her training from the White Lotus Foundation. As well as teaching classes that range from beginner to advanced, Jan currently directs the Yoga Centre Winnipeg’s Advanced Teacher Training program. Jan also oversees a yearlong mentor-ship program known as “Cultivating the Seeds of the Divine” As someone who truly lives the practice, Jan’s dedication to asana and meditation shines through as she guides students with insight, knowledge, and caring to explore the joy of yoga.
Certified RYT 200 Hours.
Graduate-Yoga Room, Berkley CA: Advanced Studies 500 Hours.
a long time student and teacher at the Yoga Centre Winnipeg, Candace brings 23 years as a teacher in the public school system with her into the yoga room. Candace’s classes focus on detailed instruction, alignment and enhancing body/mind awareness.
YCW Certified 2002.
YCW Advanced Certification (500 hours), 2011.