Some Guidelines for Yoga classes at Yoga Centre Winnipeg
Honoring Your Body
- Working barefoot is essential. Wear footless tights/leggings, or shorts and a t-shirt.
- Please refrain from eating heavily 2 hours before class.
- If you have an acute or chronic disease/injury, seek medical attention from a qualified doctor and check with them about doing hatha yoga. Hatha yoga is often used as an adjunct to a doctor’s care, but not as a substitute for medical care.
Honoring Yourself and Others
- Please refrain from wearing scented products to class.
- If class has started and teacher and students are sitting quietly, wait until movement occurs before entering.
- Please save social conversation for before and after class.
Honoring the Yoga Space
- Please remove your outside footwear at the front door.
- Please sign in for each class.
- Please leave personal belongings including bottled water on shelves at the front of the room. Please do not bring glass bottles into the yoga room.
- Please ensure cell phones/pagers are turned off.
- Please put chairs, blankets etc., back neatly, as you found them.